St John Ambulance NI volunteers play an integral role in achieving our vision:
Everyone who needs it should receive first aid from those around them. No one should suffer for the lack of trained first aiders.
Treating others with compassion and respect
Pride in doing an excellent job
Delivering what we promise
Continuously learning and improving
Working together effectively
The way we do things as a charity, is guided by our values, which collectively spell out HEART, and we expect all of our people to demonstrate behaviours that align to our values. At the heart of our organisation is our commitment to volunteers, and the value we place on the contributions you make. The relationship between St John Ambulance NI and our volunteers is based on a principle of reciprocal respect. The Volunteer Charter is a statement of understanding between St John Ambulance NI and all volunteers.
What we commit to do for you:
- Value you and treat you with respect.
- Welcome you to St John Ambulance NI with an appropriate induction to your role.
- Give you a clear description of your role and its scope of practice.
- Provide the resources and training you need to carry out your role along with opportunities to develop your skills.
- Recognise your contributions and achievements in carrying out your role in order to provide a positive and rewarding volunteer experience.
- Provide you with support by allocating you an identified manager.
- Maintain confidentiality of the information we hold about you.
- Cover your expenses (in-line with our expenses policy).
- Provide appropriate insurance to cover you in your approved role.
- Give you the opportunity to express views about how St John Ambulance NI can improve and develop.
What you commit to do for us:
- Uphold our values and help us deliver our charitable mission.
- Actively engage in or support the delivery of our charitable services.
- Meet your commitments and show respect to customers, colleagues, and service users.
- Undertake training and maintain competency required for your role.
- Communicate effectively at all times, especially if you can’t deliver a task or if you no longer want to volunteer for us.
- Comply with St John Ambulance NI policies and procedures.
- Inform us of any conflict of interest.
- Safeguard and promote the reputation of St John Ambulance NI and behave in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
Nothing in this charter is intended to create an employment relationship between you and St John Ambulance NI, either now or in the future. There is no obligation for St John Ambulance NI to offer a volunteer any task, and there is no obligation for a volunteer to take on a task for us.
A volunteer can cease their association with St John Ambulance NI at any time. Misconduct or poor performance by a volunteer may result in the opportunity to volunteer ceasing.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity no. RX38256 NIC no. 103839